Monday, March 15, 2010

NYMOMA

I believe this was my first encounter with an Ernest Neto installation. It was small but as expected, very nice to touch and there was a definite smell of spices (from the sack)!

There was also a Tim Burton show, which was super crowded! I did not quite understand why this would be a MOMA exhibition though. Although, I did like his less commercial work that finely balances a kid's drawing and a mature drawing in one piece. Like his dinasour may have very jagged mane (?) that looks like a 5-year old's touch while the legs may be skinny and very adult drawn.

This was the most interesting. The artist herself is posing here as in a natural history museum. I came back to the exhibition a couple of times to see if they ever went for a toilette break, but it seemed they didn't need that.

And finally, my very own collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment