Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sacai knitts

sacai

I encountered this label at Lane Crawford yesterday. The shop person told me that their main line is sweater and indeed the texture was amazing, plus the backside of the knit was handmade and super soft. I want to buy one for myself soonest.

The designer is Chitose Abe, and she started the line in 1999 after she worked for Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe. The 2011 collection in the photo does remind of their shape and style, but definitely more wearable.

After having a child she sat at home and knitted 5 kinds of sweater. Since then, she expanded her fan base through the fashion industry people, but never showed in Paris or had her own store until the first shop in Aoyama opened this year. She so pursues quality that she would exchange all sweaters that she learns after selling, to have worn out quickly.

She has recently also become a designer for Moncler S as the wife of Moncler's Chairman was already a fan of the Sacai knit, which I think nicely matches her theme of warm sweater combined with premium down. Perhaps I check them out before my trip to the north, to Sweden and Norway!

Photo credit: Fashionsnap

No comments:

Post a Comment