Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally, 1Q84



I am behind in a lot of cultural things around me, but particularly in reading (I am not just behind, but also incredibly slow in reading and fast to put down books). I picked up 1Q84, 3 years after everyone else did in Japan, and just finished reading Book 1 in Japanese (but at a record speed, at the speed of reading Harry Potter).

Bizarre and beautiful. It is almost like another book of his, After Dark, which is probably the easiest, lightest book to read in the world, but this time with a topic very similar to The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. Does anyone agree?

Right now I am debating whether I should read Book 2 in English, or will that be too bizarre? I heard the English version is very good too...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yosh! My benchmark for reading is also Harry Potter books. I wish that the more interesting ones could be that easy. Love your blog!!! Hugs, Paula Castillo

    ReplyDelete