Saturday, July 31, 2010

Candace Bushnell's Apartment


I didn't know until just now that my all-time favorite apartment was that of the author of Sex and the City, Candace Bushnell. I have treasured the Elle Decor magazine that featured her apartment for a long, long time.

I had always thought that my favorite, easy going and comfortably chic NYC apartment belonged to a shy looking investment banker and his beautiful socialite and perhaps professional dancer wife. It was actually the opposite, and ironically her husband IS a dancer.




I absolutely love how it is a mix of Euro, NYC, and Moroccan, with a twist of the 80s here and there (like the sliced up grand piano looking painting). (When I grow up) I want to live in a house that is Arabic-French with a dash of Japanese... which is probably why I idealize the mixture of this apartment so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment