Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Adour at the St. Regis Hotel in DC

cake2

My freind Catherine and I with a few other girl friends, make it a point to visit expensive restaurants in DC whenever I'm in town. It's always the loveliest occasion, and our choice this time was Alain Ducasse's Adour at the St. Regis Washington.

We ordered the 5-course tasting menu with wine. While the food was nice too, the dessert and the selection of wine that accompanied was really, really incredibly memorable. The dessert with rasberry sorbet and verbena was some light macaroon like thing surrounding the sorbet with a big drop of cream on top. It was so nice I felt like I was in France in the summer!

While this is DC and people have to dress and/or bring their bodyguard to feel important, this is a very relaxing atmosphere. The furnishing is modern but done in a really old school place (the ceiling looked really middle ages). I could imagine there were lots of happy excitement at each table.

adour

Adour
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
923 16th and K Streets, N.W
20006 Washington, DC, Etats-Unis
(202) 509 8000

No comments:

Post a Comment