Saturday, October 8, 2011

The incredible Rachel Zoe Project

The first thing I did once I arrived in my hotel in DC was to watch Bravo TV, and there it was! The Rachel Zoe Project!

It's probably the most institutionalized that styling could ever get (vs. making the clothes) outside of editorials like Elle and Vogue. As such, everything is taken super serious.

You have to watch it to get what I mean. For example Rachel tells her assistant that he can stand by Anne Hatahway as she changes during the Oscar, and he breaks into real tear for 15 minutes and he can't talk. Rachel really gets that this is the moment of his life.

I remember that in season 1, the same assistant made the biggest mistake of his life of not bringing along nipple hider bandage (or some name of that sort) when test-dressing Cameron Diaz, and he gets the treatment beyond being fired.

I seriously love the show and respect the crazy seriousness of Rachel's work. I think serious counts and makes everything beautiful...

rachelzoe2

Photo credit: Bravotv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment