Sunday, September 18, 2011

Morning walk to the Peak HK

IMG_0701

This morning I mustered all my strength to wake up early... at 10am, and took a walk all the way up to the Peak. I had visited the tourist dense Peak a few times before, but this time I walked from my apartment all the way up the route that I had only gone up on the Tram before, past the touristy Peak where all the restaurants are, then climbed further up for another 20 minutes to the "real" Peak.

The last 20 minutes of the climb was like an intense gym class with steps exercise. By the time I got to the top, I felt like I climbed up a real mountain (HK weekend version), and my brain started to release a lot of happy endorphin.

The sense of achievement was so great that I felt like a joyful pilgrim who has reached a mountain top temple.

It was a very nice start to my weekend. Next time I shall bring with me picnic goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment