Friday, August 19, 2011

Visby cafes and shops

IMG_8569

Apparently Visby has the highest number of cafes/restaurants per capita in Sweden. I was really surprised at the extremely high quality food as well as the local but sophisticated shops.

I really liked the sausage and sourkrout from Bolaget where we ended up going twice, right in the central plaza. Gamla Masters was also very lovely with a more mature crowd, where I had traditional Swedish meatball. For sweets, we went to Creperie & Logi which was a little busy, but made very nice crepe. For more casual dining, I highly recommend Wisby Deli on Sodra Kyrkogatan 16.

G.A.D. sells locally made furniture. I bought lots of textiles here, with super funky color. I also bought a lamb furball (literally!) from G.K.F.. It feels like you are spending time with a sheep. I will try to post it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment