Saturday, July 23, 2011

My usual weekend walk in SOHO

IMG_7734

Today I decided to take photos of SOHO in Hong Kong where I live and spend my weekends walking around.

Gough Street is popular with lots of very cool furniture and interior shops and a few really good restaurants. Lot 10 (34 Gough Street) is one of my favorite restaurants in Hong Kong (the US beef steak with potatos fried with duck oil is really good).

IMG_7729

This is a very well known noodle shop called Kau Kee that has been in operation for 90 years (21 Gough Street).

IMG_7725IMG_7758IMG_7738

Peel Street is my lovely street where I live and buy my groceries from the street market and small shops. The tea house here (facing Hollywood Street) is always filled with HK people taking photos and drinking I'm sure, a type of tea (I want to try but have no idea what they are!).

ocha

This shop (15 Peel Street) sells homemade noodles made in the back of the shop. It was very nice to have discovered this, as my parents really loved the box that I bought back home. I picked a package for myself today too.

IMG_7762IMG_7765IMG_7764

On Peel Street there is also a lovely Indonesian furniture shop called Souris Decor(37 Peel Street). They have a lot of really cool coffee tables that are very clean and simple but not so expensive.

IMG_7752

Just be ware that Peel Street is really steep.

IMG_7769

Eligin Street next to Peel Street, has this outside noodle shop that is always filled with 20-30 people, eating noodles under the sky in a very small space. There must be added spices from the activities on the street. I would like to try this out sometime.

IMG_7739

My last stop was a vintage shop at the corner of Peel Street and Hollywood Street. Knickknacks and a random photo of old HK fashion.

IMG_7744IMG_7745IMG_7742

No comments:

Post a Comment