Sunday, February 14, 2010

Muir Woods

I visited Muir Woods after and before dining in Sausalito today.

Forest bathing is one of my favorite pastime as it reminds me of my childhood in the German woods. It also always gives me a mystical feel, and the photos come out as if from the Hayao Miyazaki movie, Princess Mononoke.

The sequoia trees in Muir Woods are near 80m long and on average 500-800 years old. Some that are super wide could be 1000 years old, meaning that they have witnessed (not literally but) mideval time! It is sort of similar to thinking that the star light that reaches you today were generated perhaps 100 million years ago.

The smell of Coastal Redwood was so adoring that I sucked in as much air as I can to replace my lungs filthed by poluted air from the last few months.

After bathing for a few hours, I dined at Sushi Ran in Sausalito. This restaurant apparently imports special fish from the Tsukiji Market in Japan. Whether that prior knowledge helped or not, the negitoro maki that I had may have been the best sushi that I ever had outside of Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Love Muir Woods as well! I can't stop laughing as I imagine you trying to breathe in clean air so hard...

    ReplyDelete