Saturday, February 6, 2010

My tailor 2

I had my tailor make two more versions of a skirt that I bought in Tokyo last fall. The skirt is from United Arrows but called Green Labeel Relaxing. I assume the store concept is to be eco friendly, as the other basic black suit I got does not need to be dry cleaned but can be washed in your washing machine.

I really liked the shape of this skirt, so I tried to look for the exact same fabric. Luckily, I was able to find Japanese polyester for the first skirt.

The second variation is made of Italian silk. The fabric was more expensive than the tailor so I put a lot of pressure on him as such, especially that it should be more difficult to create the shape. In the end, I like it the most.

I wear them all to work with a stiff navy or black jacket. Sometimes when I am feeling good, I would wear the polkadot skirt with a white, deep V-cut cotton shirt that has white tiny polkadot sewings.

No comments:

Post a Comment